I will be the first to tell you that I did this all wrong when I started but one thing is for sure I learned along the way and I never stopped. To save you some time I wanted to share with you the 9 Tips I wish I had known when I started my keto journey with a family that eats all the carbs.
1. Move all the temptation to a place where you don't have to look at them. I moved all my kids snacks to a bottom level shelf where I was less tempted to grab with my mindless snacking.
2. Make keto convenient. If you are like me you will go to the cabinet and stare at it like whatever your supposed to eat right then is going to jump out at you. So, make sure that you have keto snacks always available to grab wether it is in your house, in your car, or in your purse. All three places I always have snacks available. My go to snacks are fbomb nut butter packs, keto bricks, packaged nuts and pork rinds.
3. Limit your dairy filled meals. When I started I pinned the shit out of anything keto and made so many
of them that were full of cream cheese or other dairy and ultimately that hurt my progress my first 6 months.
4. Don't believe everything you see. Just because it is labeled sugar free or keto does not mean that it will not cause and insulin spike and therefore kick you out of ketosois. Example below. A client sent me this product asking if it was ok for her to use.. it says keto on it so it should be fine right Wrong...the first ingredient is maltodextrin which you want to stay away from.
5. Block out the noise. No matter what lifestyle you are going to try you will have someone who knows what is best or you. Only you know what is best for you and you will never know if something might be the last thing you try that finally changed your life without actually trying.
6. Don't utilize treat meals. As you start keto it is going to take you days even weeks to get your body into ketosis. So image this, you start keto on Monday you kick ass all through the week then get to the weekend and have a treat meal or tread day and kick your body out of ketosis. It may take your body until next Thursday for your body to get back into ketosis then your knock it out again on the weekend. So you can see how quickly one "treat" can hinder your progress.
7. Don't overthink it. Take the meals that you or your family already enjoy and alter them to make them keto. There is no since in stressing out over buying new foods or spending a lot of money on stuff you don't normally eat. (checkout my last blog post for some inspo)
8. Get rid of the "can't have" mindset. If someone offers you something that doesn't alight with your goals or lifestyle you simply say "no thank you" and if they ask why you say "bc it doesn't align with my goals". This also goes for anytime you think the "I can't" words to yourself. You can have whatever you want, you are a grown ass women. You don't want it bc your working hard to reach your goals and it's not worth it right now.
9. Speak your goals out loud. Tell your spouse or your best friend what your goals are and tell them that you would like them to help hold you accountable and support you along the way. If you don't have someone who is a good accountability partner reach-out to me and I will gladly be your girl!